Pharmacy Technician (Enrollment)
Crawford Thomas Recruiting Altamonte Springs, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Certified Pharmacy Technician to join the team of a prestigious specialty pharmacy in Altamonte. This is a full-time, permanent position that will specialize in expediting prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law.
Hours: Monday - Friday 11am - 8pm
Benefits: 401k match at 3% plus Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans
PTO: 16 days annualized
Pay: Hourly + bonus, paid bi-weekly
- Expedite prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law
- Verify insurance for limits and parameters of policy.
- Determine if prior authorization or precert is necessary and work accordingly.
- Input required patient and prescription information into system.
- Create verification note explaining benefits and other necessary information.
- Process/reverse online claims as required.
- Review benefits with appropriate personnel.
- Ability to read and understand paid and rejected claims.
- Update Sales Staff with pertinent information.
- Complete order set up.
- Communicate with physician’s office to request chart notes, lab results or Rx clarifications.
- Responsible for maintaining required spreadsheets
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology
- Meet any continuing education requirements of the company’s clinical program, as defined within the company’s policy and procedures
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional and proficient manner utilizing available resources and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions that promote a positive impact on patient care and internal pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Office software, which includes Excel, Word and Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Florida or applicable State required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in retail pharmacy or specialty pharmacy.
- One year of medical insurance verification, pharmacy benefits, eligibility investigation and billing experience highly preferred.
- National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic pharmacy terminology, evaluation, and pharmaceutical law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic understanding of computer technology.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting
Crawford Thomas Recruiting is a full-service employee recruitment firm with a focus in the areas of sales, accounting and information technology. We work with industry-leading companies and experienced professionals to provide the best career opportunities and find that perfect match between job seeker and employer. The success or failure of a company can hinge on its ability to acquire and retain key employees. When the need arises to search for talented professionals, Crawford Thomas Recruiting provides solutions that fit. We intellectually partner with organizations so that we are able to understand how their recruiting needs tie into their business objectives. With that knowledge in hand, we identify premier candidates and provide crucial information in order to achieve recruitment and organizational success. Crawford Thomas Recruiting services Fortune 500 and Inc. 5000 companies nationwide from our headquarters in Orlando, Florida. Visit our website at www.crawfordthomas.com for all of our open positions!!