A Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for originating mortgage loans, submitting applications and facilitating essential communication between parties throughout the process.
- Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of residential mortgage loans.
- Originate 1-4 family residential mortgage loans in assigned area
- Interviews applicants, collects financial data and documents, and makes recommendations regarding the loan products that best meet the borrower's needs.
- Assists buyers in the purchase process through closing.
- Make external and internal sales calls.
- Comply with regulatory, secondary market and bank policies and guidelines.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years of mortgage, sales, real estate, or banking experience
- Working knowledge of real estate loan documentation
- Working knowledge of lending regulations-Conventional, FHA, USDA, VA Lending and also HUD guidelines
- Strong network with centers of influence including realtors and builders
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. Candidates will be subject to the required registration process.
- Prior banking or credit related experience
- General understanding of banking fundamentals
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, multi-task, and work with other departments as well as external customers to achieve required results.
- High level of accuracy and production.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Well-developed sales ability
- Basic knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA loan programs
- Basic knowledge of local, state, and nations law (e.g. Truth-in-Lending, RESPA)
- Ability to analyze financial information