Medical Customer Service Representative - Miami Gardens, FL
Our client is a Durable Medical Equipment company that has been serving the pediatric community in South Florida since 1990.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring individual with customer service experience, who is able to speak with professionalism and compassion to the parents of sick children.
Our customer service representatives must be able to work with families, local physicians, and multiple insurance providers. We are looking for a well-organized, positive person, who is able to work as part of a team. Medical billing experience preferred, and Bilingual/Spanish speaking required.
- Answers incoming phone calls, takes orders by phone or for walk-in customers.
- Maintains open communication with patients/clients and referral sources.
- Responds to patient/client questions and problems.
- Sets up new patient/client files.
- Verifies private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid coverage and eligibility, stays familiar with the rules and regulations regarding the type of coverage being billed.
- Requests insurance authorizations, prescriptions, letters of medical necessity, assignment of benefits, and other required information.
- Prepares invoices for the following day's route deliveries.
- Clears previous day's route, reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Keys orders and direct sales invoices into the computer.
- Maintains rental files by verifying customer is still using equipment verifying Medicaid coverage each month and following up on Medicaid Pending patients.
- Communicates problems and concerns with supervisor/office manager which may lead to inaccurate or untimely completion of reimbursement processing.
- Works as part of a cohesive team, making sure the work of the customer service department is completed promptly and accurately, while maintaining effective communication with warehouse and respiratory departments.
Qualifications: Education: Graduate of an accredited high school.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Knowledge of DME industry and Brightree software preferred
- Typing and 10-key skills.
- Excellent phone and customer relations skills.
- English and Spanish fluency required.