Job Title: HVAC Technician
Summary: Under the supervision of the Service Team Leader, the HVAC Technician serves customers by installing and servicing systems with custom controls. This position fosters positive customer interactions by identifying system issues and completing repairs to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required.
- Service existing accounts by analyzing service orders, planning daily travel schedules, investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements, gathering components and parts, completing installation and performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and daily
- Follows all safety restrictions required by Company, Customer, and OSHA.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams.
- Ability to interact with a mentor, to advance your skills, knowledge and ability
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Job Knowledge- Includes awareness and possession or mastery of journey man level of special facts, practices, manual skills and techniques and decision-making methods.
- Time Management- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Communication Oral- Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
Experience and Requirements:
- Certificate, 2 or 4-year degree from an accredited trade school, college, or university.
- Programming and configuration experience a plus
- 2+ years of HVAC Controls.
- Clean driving record required.
- Ability learn to read, analyze, and interpret sales orders and other documents in English. Ability to adapt to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. This role requires an intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 25 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to frequently move about inside tight and cramped spaces. They may operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and adjust as necessary.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting