Our client is currently seeking a licensed Civil Engineer (PE) with 3 to 20 years of professional experience to be part of their Civil Division in the Tampa, FL office.
In this position you will provide design engineering and assist in managing the preparation of land development and municipal design projects for clients such as state, county and local governments as well as private clients or land developers. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may range from large scale multi-year municipal programs to residential communities or commercial developments.
- Preparation of designs including plans, profiles, cross sections, paving, grading and utility details;
- Prepare engineering documents including storm water design reports, permit applications, and supporting calculations;
- Assist in preparation of written specifications for materials, implementation and construction methods;
- Assist project manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules;
- Coordinates with local jurisdictional authorities, utilities, and municipalities to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards;
- Conduct project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design, owner expectations, and building codes; and
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Active registration as a Florida Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred;
- Site Civil and/or utility (water and sewer) engineering experience required;
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies;
- Proficiency in Civil 3D;
- Familiarity with modeling software (ICPR, EPANET, Water CAD);
- Strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal skills