Reporting directly to the CSC or Delivery Manager, the Bobtail Driver II is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers. The Bobtail Driver II will deliver, load and unload propane into the bulk truck and end use containers while providing exceptional customer service. The Bobtail Driver II will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the delivery and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance. This position is specific to region where drilling and mining companies have created a high demand for quality drivers and where our client has determined a need for a more experienced driver workforce within the market.
• Transfer, collect, load and deliver propane, product to and from containers (bulk truck, tanks and/or cylinders) for customers. Initiate and conduct the asset verification process. Collect customer signatures/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary. Offer customers brochures with basic price lists and a contact number. Maintain a clean and organized vehicle.
• Leverage technology where available to: Monitor and track the transfer of propane inventory, tank levels and container sizing; accurately record and print delivery tickets for customers for product delivered; accurately complete and submit Daily driver report where necessary.
• Maintain equipment to the highest level of safety standards, reporting any mechanical issues to the Fleet Manager/Dispatcher. Conduct and, if applicable document, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections.
• Collaborate with the Dispatcher frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Dispatcher of any product, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation.
Education and Experience
• High school completion
• Minimum of three (3) years experience
Specialized Trade Requirements and Other Job-Related Skills
Required Licenses or Professional Certification: some of the certificates will be trained once hired.
• CDL Class B with tanker and Hazmat endorsement.
• Clean drivers abstract.
• Up-to-date DOT medical certification.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting