Business Development Manager
Territory: MI, IN, OH, KY and WI
The Business Development Manager will manage multiple accounts and pursue new sales focusing on aluminum casting products within the automotive industry. In addition, prospecting for new customers and sales revenue channels will be required. This position will also monitor customer projects, administrate contract reviews and participate in all aspect of customer satisfaction of our products. This position will also require leadership qualities to logically work through issues, understand the general market and trends and provide strategic feedback to assist in decision making for the sales organization. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales.
This is a permanent hire, W-2 salaried position with an excellent compensation plan, benefits package and office culture. The BDM will work remotely in the MI, IN, OH, KY and WI territory. Ability to travel up to 50% is necessary for this position (company covered travel).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify cost/parts that are ideal for us.
- Facilitate first contact/develop customer.
- Create/complete customer action plans (CAP).
- Develop, obtain, present request for quote (RFQ).
- Initial customer liaison (commercial contact).
- Customer onsite visits (customer relationship management).
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP) support/Team Member.
- Provide customer feedback (quote process to Team).
- Document Salesforce maintenance
- New Leads
- Customer contacts
- Key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Complete trip reports.
- Purchase order view/starts contract review.
- Customer NDA’s & contracts.
- Market research (trade show and industry trends).
- And, any additional duties that may be assigned by Management.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in business, management or other related discipline.
- At least 5-10 years’ progressive experience in sales within an automotive manufacturing environment with strong familiarity of automotive customers and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and, other sales related software and/or programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Please apply if you have aluminum casting experience in the automotive industry and would like an immediate contact from our recruiting team.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting