Our client is seeking an Account Executive to join their team in Greensville, SC. The Account Executive role is responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to owners, engineers, architects, contractors, and consultants. This individual must have substantial knowledge of HVAC Systems and the equipment on the company line card. The Account Executive will build and manage long term customer relationships to meet sales goals and company benchmarks.
Responsibilities and Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required.
- Ability to sell persuasively, persistently, and confidently to all members of the construction community
- Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements
- Positively and credibly influences system design and solutions with customers
- Actively listens, probes, and addresses customer objections
- Creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, and proposals
- Manages multiple, ongoing opportunities
- Acts as the customer advocate in interactions with our manufactures
- Fosters strong relationships while demonstrating a commitment to integrity and quality in business
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status
Skills and Abilities: Should possess a combination of a highly technical aptitude as well as an exceptional talent in interpersonal relationships. Must excel in details and exhibit excellent planning, coordinating, communication skills, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills - Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Exceptional verbal and writing skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs. Skillful use of diplomacy and tact.
- Time Management – Excellent initiative. Values time and uses it effectively and efficiently. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Resolution - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Ability to diffuse high-tension situations comfortably and equitably.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, sets objectives and goals and breaks down work into the process steps necessary to get things done.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard and in a team environment. Is action-oriented and full of energy for the things seen as challenging. Seizes more opportunities than others. Reacts quickly to critical situations.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 5+ years account management is required
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook