Our client is a worldwide leader in manufacturing of consumer goods. They are currently searching for Maintenance Mechanic in Orlando, FL. This person will be responsible for a variety of plant equipment including sewing machines, automatic quilters, mechanized conveyors, and building utilities such as power and compressed air distribution. Multi-craft skills are required, to include, but not limited to, welding.
A mattress production maintenance mechanic sets up, services and repairs mechanical and computer-controlled machinery used in mattress manufacturing.
- Repair and set up equipment for operators, either mechanically or by programming
- Respond to sudden breakdowns during production
- Diagnose problems quickly and make necessary repairs
- Assemble and test machinery to make sure it is safe and operational before placing back into production
- Carry out scheduled maintenance
- Clean, oil and grease machinery
- Inform supervisors of equipment issues and repair progress
- Work on machines used at every stage of the production process
- Perform building maintenance
- Build tables, racks, carts and other items needed in production areas
5+ years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment- sewing machines experience is highly preferable.
- Must have knowledge in repairing machinery, preventive maintenance, plumbing and/or electrical.
- Previous experience on installation/removal of equipment, a plus.
- Some administrative experience (i.e. purchasing supplies, working with vendors and obtaining price quotes), desirable
- Available to work flexible schedules, including Saturday and Sunday for special projects
Strong interpersonal communication skills, both with peers in or outside the maintenance group as well as supervisors/management
- Able to follow set procedures
- Ability to work productively alone or as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
- Commercial sewing machine maintenance experience a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus not required
Crawford Thomas Recruiting