Craters & Freighters, a recognized and rapidly growing leader in the specialty packaging/crating and freight shipping / freight forwarding industry with 67 locations nationwide, seeks a high achiever with the potential to grow with us by assuming increasing responsibility.
* Someone who cares deeply about exceeding customer service expectations.
* Not a “pure salesperson”, but you enjoy the challenge of convincing customers how your company’s product or service is better.
* Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can remain productive in the face of interruptions.
* Someone who enjoys a variety of responsibilities – from customer service to selling to operations.
* A “no drama, no excuses” person who is about getting the job done as part of a cohesive team.
* Not intimidated by moderately technical concepts.
* Possibly just starting out in your career, or a seasoned professional. More importantly, you have the right mix of capabilities and cultural fit.
* An environment with fun challenges that enable you to use your smarts.
* A unique service that business and individual consumers need, and that doesn’t go out of style.
* A chance to take on significant professional growth, and to be recognized and rewarded for doing so.
* A short sales cycle that provides you with the satisfaction of acquiring customers and solving their packing, crating, and freight shipping problems every single day.
* Comprehensive training in packing/crating concepts and the shipping industry.
* Quote and close sales for packaging and freight shipping services (industry experience helpful but not required; experience in other regulated industries such as banking/lending/mortgages may also be helpful)
* Manage shipments (domestic and international) from pickup to delivery
* Qualify inbound phone and email quote requests
* Build customer relationships and ensure excellent service
* Drive to provide truly outstanding customer service
* Highly detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking, organization, and prioritization skills
* Ability to perform consultative selling (aka "soft selling") via phone
* Ability to present oneself (typically over the phone) in a professional manner
* Self-motivated, energetic, and positive
* Willingness to accept and implement feedback
* High level of confidentiality
* Demonstrated excellence or strong potential in customer service and/or selling
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Competent with numbers
* Able to grasp technical/mechanical concepts and explain them to customers
* Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, internet)
* Experience in an industry with rules & regulations, or in a position with estimating responsibilities would be helpful, but is not required
* Minimum of 2 years of college preferred (relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute)
This is a rare opportunity to have a clear and measurable impact on a successful business, while serving a variety of clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
We offer a competitive base salary, quarterly bonuses, health benefits, paid hol/vac, and a retirement plan with generous company match.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume and a cover letter that demonstrates why you would excel in this position as a member of our team.
Craters & Freighters provides one-stop shopping for customers who need to ship large, fragile, and high-value items ranging from IT equipment to machinery to artwork, and much more. In a nutshell, we ship the really interesting stuff that most other shipping companies cannot handle safely. Many of the world's leading technology firms, government contractors, and manufacturers count on us to get items ranging from computer equipment to machinery and much more to their destinations safely and on time.
Keywords (to keep the search engines happy): import, export, freight forwarder, freight forwarding, import/export, shipping jobs, customer service jobs, management jobs, account manager, quoting, configuring, customer service, inside sales, business operations, logistics, transportation, international shipping, inside sales jobs. mover, moving, technical sales