Cranford Construction Little Rock, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cranford Construction Company is looking to hire an experienced construction accountant to join our company. In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the accounts of various construction projects by creating detailed budgets, overseeing supplier contracts, evaluating production costs, and verifying invoice statements.
To ensure success as a construction accountant, you should display excellent business acumen and the ability to minimize production costs through efficient accounting. Ultimately, a top-notch construction accountant is an analytical and detail-oriented individual with a high level of financial accuracy.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package available after waiting period which includes health, wellness, dental, vision, Rx, life insurance, use of company vehicle, and 401k plan.
Construction Accountant Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- A/P Invoice entry, review, and approval
- Complete the 4 Quarterly P&L/Cost Reports: Equipment Cost Report, Office/Shop Cost Report, Plant P&L Report, and Job P&L Report.
- Weekly, enter Independent Trucker haul hours for payment and log hours to correct jobs.
- Provide weekly haul summary report to Project Engineers.
- Enter new subcontracts/change orders and pay subcontractors when pay estimates are received or when work is completed.
- Enter Original Estimate in Viewpoint after job is awarded and log Progress Entries as ArDOT generates Pay Estimates on the job.
- Submit the quarterly ArDOT Supply Contract bids, coordinating with General Manager to determine proper price for each material at each location.
- Maintain and update asphalt quantity reconciliation sheet ("Paid vs. Laid")
- Maintain and update Backlog report (bi-weekly).
- Coordinate with Management and Project Engineers to provide custom reports when requested.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- A certification in construction accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in private or public accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related financial procedures.
- Familiarity with accounting software, such as QuickBooks and NetSuite.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint
- Working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Cranford Construction Company
Cranford Construction has been a leading provider of asphalt and paving services since 1965. Today, the Cranford Construction team operates six hot mix plants and maintains crews throughout central and southwestern Arkansas. A commitment to the highest standards in both materials and processing ensures consistent quality for our hot mix and warm mix asphalt. We also offer recycled asphalt, as well as milling and paving services.
Cranford Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Please note: This employment position may be considered a Safety Sensitive Position related to the operation of equipment or working in proximity of operating equipment, working over or adjacent to water, working at a height, or a particular assignment regulated by license, credential, or contract which stipulates the position or work as Safety Sensitive.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressLittle Rock, AR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cranford Construction