Job Title: Sales Director - North America FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: North America Reports To: VP/GM, Industrial
Barksdale, founded in 1949, is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered control products. As a subsidiary of Crane Co. a $3B industrial conglomerate, Barksdale has a leading brand position in instrumentation, with focus on General Industrial, Oil & Gas and Transportation end markets. With proprietary technologies, Barksdale’s regulators, pressure, temperature, and level switches and electronic instrumentation products have carved a niche for themselves in demanding applications. Supported by strong financial standing, the business is positioned to grow from $85M to $100M in revenue within the next 3 years.
Exciting opportunity to lead the North American Sales, Customer Care, Marcom and Sales Excellence organization of a company that differentiates through innovation and technology helping lead the sales team to execute on our sales objectives. The Sales Director’s primary responsibility will be to drive profitable sales growth with existing & new OEMs and develop stronger new channel partners in regions that have good revenue opportunity but have coverage gaps. The Sales Director will be developing new regional ‘ideal’ partners along with effective management & alignment of resource with our existing distribution network. This role will collaborate with our product managers and other functional leaders to develop and execute the longer-term sales strategy and tactical priorities, to help the business deliver profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
The Sales Director will have the day-to-day responsibility of the sales team & their activities that will include funnel management and win/loss reviews, developing our sales talent as the business grows. The overarching objective is to expand our channels to market & meet customer needs & expectations for product quality and performance through differentiated value add selling.
· Execution: Manages and directs the execution of our sales strategies to meet customer & business needs.
· Channel Strategy: Identify new regional channel partners in identified territories using market analysis & competitor networks to locate potential ideal distributors that have geographical strength & systems capabilities plus develop & implement an onboarding program to accelerate revenue goals & self-serve capabilities using online tools.
· Channel Management: Assures existing partners & Barksdale are executing to our joint business plans & set regular reviews to ensure alignment plus systematically develop regional channel strategies to drive new opportunity & profitable growth.
· Sales Technology: Sets the vision for the sales technology roadmap and drives execution for prioritized projects to improve efficiency and alignment within the organization, drive customer growth and self-sufficiency
· Marketing: Working with the Vertical leaders, develops and refreshes a Marketing roadmap and drives execution for prioritized projects.
· Opportunity management: Ensures strong funnel management, follows the sales process for data entry, control, next steps & review cadence to increase our win ratio.
· Planning: Participate in the preparation of regional & corporate business plans aligning regional & national sales tactics, targets and resource accordingly
· Team leadership: Fosters a high performance culture in the sales team, with trust and respect, creating an environment to attract and retain top talent
· Resource allocation: Prioritize and resolve the competing demands of the business with effective regional sales support
· Process excellence: Deploys transactional process improvement techniques with the front end of our business to help simplify the sales process & eliminate waste.
· 4 Regional Sales Managers
· 2 Manufacturing Reps
· Customer Care Manager
· Marketing Communications Manager
· Sales Excellence Manager
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / SKILS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business.
· 15 or more years of industrial component value-add selling
· 5 or more years of leading and managing a sales team
· Experience developing / executing a multi-channel sales strategy
· Experience communicating and working with senior business leaders
· Proficient at: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & CRM software (SFDC)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience leading a team to engage & excite new channels and onboard them effectively
· Experience leading a Customer Care or Inside Sales team
· Key Account Management leadership
· Knowledge of Fluidic systems, Pressure, Temperature, Level, Flow switches, transducers or directional control valves
· Instrumentation application knowledge in mobile hydraulic, machine tool or power units.
· Understands the importance of driving continuous improvement and lean processes
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role, including base salary, Sales incentives & management bonus.