Craftsmen Contractors, LLC is seeking an experienced full time recruiter for a position in New Orleans, LA.
You will be responsible for creating/ updating formal job descriptions, advertising open positions on website, assisting with the initial screening of applicant resumes, conducting candidate phone interviews, scheduling interviews, assisting with the pre- employment stage, processing/ maintaining new hire paperwork, maintaining existing and developing new onboarding tools, and assisting with personnel filling and data/ document managements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reviews employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements, using manual or computerized file
· Interviews job applicants to match qualifications with clients’ needs, recording and evaluating applicants' experience, education, training, and skills. Performs reference and background checks on applicants in accordance with requirements
· Maintains relationships with clients to stay informed of current and future hiring and business needs. Makes retention calls, prepares job orders from client interviews, and informs co-workers of these placements
· Performs searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources and media.
· Email resumes to clients and arranges for interviews. Follows up with client and applicant following interview. Selects qualified applicants and/or refers them to employers.
· Maintains current knowledge of best hiring practices, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and employment guidelines
· Requires knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, and compensation and benefits. Must have excellent interviewing and listening skills.
· Must be able to work under general direction; exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding client needs and business practices. Able to work flexible hours
· Requires knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology. Ability to perform administrative tasks; maintain information, personnel files and process paperwork. Ability to quickly gain a basic understanding of the technology utilized by the Company, including the current software system. Proficiency in computers, such as MS Office software
· Must have ability to develop specific goals and to organize work and prioritize tasks in order to accomplish goals. Must maintain flexibility and responsiveness to client and company needs and demonstrate attention to detail and follow- through.
· Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, functioning as a team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a recruiting related industry.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills required. Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated excellence in time management and organizational
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the company
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Salary, Commission and Medical