MIG and Flux Core Welders
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Craftsmen Contractors is looking to hire MIG Welders and Flux Core Welders for Cullman, AL. This is for work at an industrial warehouse. Long term work that could lead to a permanent position down the line. Both day and night shifts are available. Night shift workers make 75 cents more per hour.
MIG and Flux Core Welders: pay is $16 - $21 depending on experience.
No per diem is offered for these positions.
- Select, measure, cut, and join appropriate metals to specifications.
- Prepare metals and work surfaces to ensure safe and effective assemblage.
- Interpret specifications and blueprints accurately.
- Regularly clean and inspect welding equipment and tools.
- Operate cranes and other machinery to transport materials to welding worksites.
- Test the strength of each join during and after project completion.
- Diagnose issues and troubleshoot as required.
- Communicate with the line manager or supervisor, reporting any issues, and making suggestions for improvement.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamping equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Must interview face to face and do a Welding test prior to being hired.
- Will have to pass a visual inspection along with two side bends to be certified.
- Welding test consists of being tested on gouging, FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) with CO2 gas in the 3G vertical position and plate is 1"thick with 1/4" root opening with a 45 degree bevel.
- Must have basic hand tools and reliable transportation to get to work.
- Should have at least 1 year of Welding experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are available and interested please respond to this job ad with your resume.
Craftsmen Contractors LLC
Craftsmen Contractors is a skilled staffing contractor that has helped customers complete projects on time since 2010. We specialize in highly skilled trades for the construction, industrial, and manufacturing industries throughout the South.