QA Technician (Level 5) - Night Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 Hourly
CraftMark Bakery is an innovative and highly automated commercial bakery that is looking for TOP TALENT to join a growing company! Our state-of-the-art bakery has a temperature controlled environment, a GREAT culture and we set a new standard for quality and food safety, while providing real value and to our customers.
This position pays $21.00-$26.00 an hour, plus a limited time $1,000 sign on bonus. The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for maintaining quality and food safety compliance, in direct support of the operation of the business unit they are assigned to. This entails product releases, hold processing, incident report investigations, audits, reports and key data maintenance.
Schedule: 12 Hour Shift working 6:00am – 6:00pm (Day Shift) or 6:00pm - 6:00am (Night Shift) – Must be flexible to work weekends as needed.
- Collect and process retain or Hold samples in support of complaint investigations.
- Provide relief and PTO coverage for Line Techs in your business unit lab.
- Maintain 5S style housekeeping in the main lab.
- Perform key analytical and organoleptic testing of raw/finished product as required.
- Enter data from all analyses into Infinity data base.
- Maintain accurate and legible records where applicable.
- Initiate HOLD for any non-compliant product in either food safety or product quality.
- Inform line leadership of any situations regarding product quality trends, food safety or labeling.
- Perform metal detector investigation of reject samples brought in from the line.
- Perform label and packaging verifications as required.
- Audit/verify that required calibration tests and minor maintenance of lab equipment are being performed.
- Follow the escalation protocol for any food safety incidents.
- Conduct line audits, including pre-ops, as required.
- Initiate IR (Incident Report) for any non-compliant situations.
- Project support for QA as assigned.
- Collect and ship samples for outside analysis
- One (1) year of QA experience in a food facility or food internship program, OR equivalent/related work experience, OR a combination of related school and work experience
- Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in food science or related science
- HACCP certification
- Experience in a 24 hour manufacturing facility in quality or food safety
- Ethical conduct/confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Problem solving/analysis
- GMP/HACCP awareness for food safety
- Line auditing
- Communication proficiency
- Statistical process control
- Data entry
- Time management/self-motivated
CraftMark Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or any other protected category.
CraftMark Bakery participates in E-Verify.
CraftMark Bakery, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at CraftMark Bakery, LLC