We are seeking a Conventional Job Shop Manager to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team machine operators and mechanics.
- Must be willing to take charge and responsibility for the shop - a polished leader. Your are part of our management team and you will be held to a high standard of excellence
- Must be willing to implement the suggests of upper management in a timely fashion
- Provide effective solutions, "can't" is not a word understood in our shop
- Coordinate the daily activities of the production working with engineering to provide a consistent message to the shop
- Delegate production assignments marrying the right employee with correct machine and tooling
- Coach and train on a daily basis
- Ability to read people to make adjustments to personnel and processes as necessary
- Be hands on, willing to set the pace for operations
- Implement constant process improvements
- Inspect all materials and equipment to detect malfunctions
- Prioritize shop repairs and spearhead getting the repairs done in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in job shop, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Knowledge of CNC and Conventional machine tools and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and sketches
- Ability to sketch sample parts as necessary
- Ability to pictorially explain to employees what is to be accomplished in a simplified fashion
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly adaptable and flexible to meet internal and external requirements
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be willing to participate in random drug screens
- If you do not meet most of the above-mentioned criteria, please do not apply
Resumes by email only - no calls please.
Why Work Here?We've been in business at the location since 1990. Our first customer is still a valued customer today! Resumes by email only - no calls please.
Convenient parking, 1st shift, excellent pay. 6 month and 1st year retention bonuses. We proudly hire veterans!