Looking for a place to start and/or grow your career? This might be the position for you. Please read our ad because we will train the right person!
Craft-Bilt Manufacturing Company, a North American leading manufacturer of residential and commercial Awnings and Exterior Shade Solutions, Sunrooms, and Architectural Glass and Aluminum Railing has an immediate opening for a TechnicalAssistant to support product development and cost-effective manufacturing processes. Work under the supervision of Operations Management.
Join the industry leader and become part of an award winning company that has over 70 years of history and stability. You will have a great career opportunity with a competitive wage and benefits package.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews current products for continuous improvement.
- Researches and develops future products.
- Generates Bill of Materials and product specifications.
- Processes work instructions /routings.
- Understands the manufacturing process from beginning to end for all product lines in order to be a resource to other departments within the company as well as a resource to our customers when necessary.
- Provides planning information to Purchasing for product forecasting.
- Participates in maintenance and development of product pricing.
- Uses hand and power tools as part of product development and analysis.
- Goal drivenperson with a high sense of urgency; able to think ahead
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and computer skills MS Office, proficiency in Excel
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
- Has had class(es) in CAD software or equivalent 3D modeling
- Using construction/power tools
- Excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
- Has a basic knowledge of construction
- Possesses excellent communication, telephone and organizational skills
- Able to travel when needed. Some extended or overnight travel is required (by car or air to company dealers)
The following skills would be a PLUS!
Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field and 0-2 years related would be a plus!
*** Please include salary requirements in order to be considered for the position. ***
We recognize our employees as our greatest asset and we provide them with a great place to work! We have one of the top total compensation/benefit packages in the region, which includes FULLY PAID medical and dental insurance for the employee and his/her eligible dependents! In addition, we offer company-paid short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance for the employee, a 401(k) plan, and much more!
Craft-Bilt Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Enthusiastic Employees...Flawless Performance...Delighted Customers!