Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues, provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services - litigation and management consulting - are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries. Learn more about how CRA can help you Accelerateyour career.
CRA's Life Sciences practice helps pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics and medical device companies achieve optimal performance across key aspects of their business, including innovation, launch and commercialization, and corporate strategy, all for the long-term benefit of patients, health care providers, and shareholders. We work with life sciences businesses directly, as well as with their legal counsel, industry associations, government organizations, and advocacy groups from the earliest stages of research into new therapy areas, through product development, to the delivery of products that will achieve commercial success and fulfill the expectations of our clients and their key stakeholders.Essential Functions
Joining the Life Sciences Practice at CRA over the summer will provide you with a unique opportunity to work on the most pressing strategic challenges facing the life sciences industry as an integral member of the team. You will work in the context of our global practice where you will gain exposure to colleagues from across our offices and have opportunity to work across a range of geographies, therapy areas, and business issues.
We are looking for candidates who are able to effectively conceptualize complex strategic challenges and contribute to defining project plans that address those strategic issues. Candidates will have a supervisor and mentor to ensure a meaningful internship experience. We highly value candidates that demonstrate the potential to grow quickly into leaders and have a demonstrated interest in and understanding of the life sciences industry. We also value a strong work ethic, creativity, a positive attitude, and a high level of energy.Responsibilities
You will be a part of an integrated team that executes and delivers across a wide variety of consulting projects. Specific activities will include:
- Contribute to the development of strategic direction for projects and identify and design analytical tasks to address the key project objectives
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analyses
- Contribute to internal discussions that build insights from the analytical process
- Gain responsibility for developing sections of client presentations, reports, and other deliverables
- Strengthen your knowledge of the life sciences industry as well as consulting methodologies
As most of our work is performed in the office, minimal travel is required.Qualifications
We are seeking first year MBA students who have previously studied economics, finance, physical or biological sciences, or another quantitative discipline at a top-tier academic institution.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous consulting experience and demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the life sciences industry, with strong preference for candidates with two years of life sciences strategy consulting experience
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques
- Staff and project management experience, including budgeting and project planning/management
- Previous client service experience, including managing relationships, facilitating meetings, and delivering presentations
- A bachelors or advanced degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, pharmacology, etc.) is not required but viewed favorably