VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES AND MARKETING
My client, a growing food manufacturer, is looking for a talented Vice President of Sales and Marketing. The primary purpose of this position is to manage all of our direct sales representatives and sales brokers and manage new business development director. They will be responsible for:
- developing and execute effective sales growth strategy and for developing individual territory growth and improvement plans for each sales team member;
- executing monthly sales development meetings with each sales team member;
- hiring new sales team members as needed;
- managing the marketing department and their monthly and annual plans;
- working within the strategic plan to continue and further the plan of the organization in regard to the sales and marketing efforts; and
- developing annual sales budgets and plans with each individual team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse group of customers.
- Good problem-solving capabilities, able to assist customers with problems in a prompt manner.
- Experienced in working independently, yet able to work with a team spirit.
- Excellent ability to mentor, train and guide individual salespeople and the marketing department to improve their approach to selling and become more effective in their sales and marketing roles.
- Good organization to ensure proper follow through and delivery of projects is always met.
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly, pleasant and professional, able to project that on the telephone and in person while talking to customers.
- Ability to research and generate new business through careful research, cold calling and introductory meetings with potential customer candidates.
- Experience in food related industry, creation of finished food products and food flavor related products.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” to get the job done for the company and customers’ best interest.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College level education; with preferred degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or related field. Minimum ten years general experience in a sales leadership position, preferably in food science or food related organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop weekly management plan for all Beck sales employees and sales brokers.
- Implement weekly activity guidelines and approach to get each sales team more accountable and more effective in managing their territory. Included but not limited to effective check, balances and metric reviews to improve accountability for entire sales team.
- Develop a business plan for every food and beverage industry category. A plan focused on the top 20 accounts in each category and how the organization effectively sells and grows sales to these customers.
- Implement and execute overall strategy to grow the company's overall category sales revenue.
- Develop a plan to focus annually of key new accounts to be added as customers.
- Develop a plan with the marketing department to improve sales materials, generally improving our sales toolbox. Develop impactful and engaged marketing pieces, materials, presentations and plans to assist the overall sales plan.
- Develop monthly sales territory reviews, plans for improvement, adjustments to annual plan and review of new business development activities. Implement metrics review program.
- Work with procurement director to execute accurate forecasting programs and execute plans to increase profitability.
- Manage new business development director. Evaluate their overall approach, plan and execution of large new business account development. Execute individual sales strategies for each account.
- Develop and implement better on-boarding training and process for new sales hires.
- Inject energy and optimism into the daily activities of each sales and marketing employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.