SALES MANAGER - COFFEE & TEA
My client, a stable and growing food manufacturer, is looking for a Sales Manager to manage all current customers, organize the territory and manage new business development specific to the coffee and tea industry. They will also manage customer partnerships and facilitate flavor creation project and work with Vice President of Sales and Marketing to execute effective sales growth strategy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use CRM software, Microsoft Office Suite products.
- 50% travel is required.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse group of customers.
- Good problem-solving capabilities, able to assist customers with problems in a prompt manner.
- Experienced in working independently, yet able to work with a team spirit.
- Good organization to ensure proper follow through and delivery of projects is always met.
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly, pleasant and professional, able to project that on the telephone and in person while talking to customers.
- Ability to research and generate new business through careful research, cold calling and introductory meetings with potential customer candidates.
- Experience in food related industry, creation of finished food products and food flavor related products.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” to get the job done for the company and customers’ best interest.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College level education; with preferred degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum five years general experience in an outside sales position, preferably in food science or food related organizations.
- Prefer a candidate with five years experience working in the coffee and tea industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes territory with well thought out plan for management of all customers activities.
- Regularly scheduled customer visits and demonstrates a plan to grow current territory, while expanding territory with new business development.
- Communicate customer projects to innovation team and work through delivery of flavor samples and finished flavor products to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage long term product development and product launches with customers.
- Deliver industry best in-person customer service and follow through on all projects.
- Trade Show and Convention travel, customer meeting schedules and business development.
- Communicates with team members and management in a timely manner.
- Grow business in the coffee and tea industry category by 20% annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY, COMPLEXITY, JUDGEMENT & IMPACT ON
- Routine contact with customers involving the use of communication skills which impact on customer satisfaction and product development.
- Moderate influence with company operations and contacts.
- Significant influence with company image and contacts.
- Contacts inside the company for routine operating communication.
- Works independently, with substantial interaction with others.
- Demonstrates ability to manage independent business unit with a mindset for entrepreneurial leadership and growth focus.
- Ability to interpret financial and business reports, while providing evidenced responses to business related questions.
- Organize, develop and execute annual territory plan for growth.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.