New Product Development Manager - Surgical Division
Oversee and be responsible for the New Product Development team through supervision, coordination, coaching/training and providing leadership to the assigned staff. Role is an active working manager, who is equally responsible for technical contributions, and technical product development (inclusive of part design, prototype tooling/parts, material selection, and production tooling oversight). Research into new suppliers and technologies to support customer requirements, and strategy for long-term expansion of manufacturing capabilities are included within the scope of the New Product Development team.
- Work with the company’s Business Development Managers and/or existing/potential Customers to develop new products based on the Customer’s vision. Based on Customer’s needs research and develop new technologies to stay up with “cutting edge” requirements. Utilize technical expertise and knowledge to design metal and plastic parts (machined, laser cut, chem-etched metal stampings | thermoplastic insert/injection moldings | mechanical sub-assemblies).
- Quote New Product Development project activities, working with New Product Development and Engineering Teams. Maintain integrity of the company’s NPD electronic files and databases, continuously improves quoting process based on industry specific product/processing requirements.
- Oversee and/or lead the on-time/in-budget completion of all New Product Development projects that meet Customer requirements. Responsible for scheduling of internal and external resources in order to achieve the goals of the NPD group. Set milestones and deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor progress and report status to management.
- Establish and maintain staffing in order to achieve department and Company goals. Set and measure goals and objectives for all direct reports through the use of Team Member Performance appraisals. Work to grow both professionally and personally all direct reports by enhancing their skill base so they become more productive and valuable to the Company. Conduct departmental meetings as required.
- Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting and APQP Teams.
- Assist with development on departmental annual budget.
- Participate in ISO/TS internal and external audits
- The position does require the candidate to be fluid in a Cad Package (preferred SolidWorks – Expert Level).
- BS degree in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent - A minimum 15 years of experience in the stamping/molding manufacturing environment and 5 years’ experience managing personnel.
- Must possess a high degree of creativity in product design and manufacturing processes.
- Must possess good supervision, leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with Customers and other departments within the Company.
- Must have good Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- Must have good 2D & 3D CAD skills.
- Must be familiar with Medical, Automotive and Electronic industries terminology and systems.
- ISO/TS knowledge preferred.
No sponsorship visa (H1-B, etc) candidates at this time, sorry.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word format along with at least three professional references to:
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
Director of Sourcing
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.