Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Position Location: Staten Island, NY
Responsibilities may include installing and maintaining equipment, performing preventative maintenance and repairs, and applying knowledge in a variety of skilled trade areas.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machines and equipment in plants and related facilities.
- Performs a variety of preventative maintenance on parts, pumps, motors, die cutter machines, hydraulic systems, conveyors, steam systems, and related plant and facility equipment.
- Reads, reviews, and applies blueprints, schematics, and operating manuals to fix, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, basic carpentry, basic electrical, electronics, welding, and other skilled trades as appropriate or applicable.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and machinery in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of parts, machines and equipment.
- Accurately completes work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties.
- Assists with plant inspections and related facilities for mechanical and equipment problems, reviews and examines areas, and determines appropriate action(s).
- Ensures compliance with Pratt operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations; may require the employee to wear safety equipment or gear.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and safe working environment and may perform various janitorial or housekeeping tasks.
- Works flexible hours and shifts; including weekend work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Two years of experience within a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. Apprenticeship or Associates degree is preferred.
- Mechanical experience a must;
- Applying general maintenance and repair principles and practices;
- Operating a variety of hand, power and power equipment;
- Reading and applying blueprints, schematics, and other information;
- Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled-trades areas;
- Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures;
- Basic PC skills;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction;
- Must have good performance work history and excellent attendance history;
- Must be self-motivated;
Manufacturing environment and will be subject to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and loud noises.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
No sponsorship visa (H1-B, etc) candidates at this time, sorry.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word format along with at least three professional references to:
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
Director of Sourcing
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.
Coyote Technical & Executive Sourcing
Why Work Here?Coyote Technical & Executive Sourcing provides recruiting and staffing services. Our team of result-oriented professionals possesses experience in diverse industries, which means our placements range from blue-collar machinists to high-level executives. Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally. Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.
Coyote Technical will connect you with the hiring managers for opportunities in the most highly demanded, cutting edge companies.