DESIGN & MANUFACTURING ENGINEER MANAGER
The Engineering Manager will manage a team of Design Engineers and Project Engineers. Oversight and management responsibilities include managing design engineer team members and Project Engineers supporting all stages of electro-mechanical product development, cable/wire harnesses and design engineering, from concept and specification creation to product realization. In addition, Engineering Manager will support production actualization and other production centric tasks, including product test plan development, prepare design documentation, guide assembly instructions and present designs for peer and management review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, improve and maintain detailed manufacturing processes and work instructions for complex parts, processes to successfully transition of customer products to production.
- Create, improve and maintain travelers, work instructions and BOMs for customer contracts
- Review work instructions, process maps, material specifications, customer drawings, and project flows
- Prepare and incorporate Engineering Change Notices.
- Design, troubleshoot, analyze design problems, and deploy new tooling for manufacturing
- Support manufacturing floor for production and R&D prototype assemblies.
- Design cable assemblies, wire harnesses, connectors and interconnect components
- Review production equipment, tools/fixtures and assembly lines to ensure proper and safe operation and minimize and/or eliminate down time.
- Prepare and tool-proof manufacturing assembly instruction & routing documentation.
- Work on continuous improvement /special projects to improve efficiency for building of cable assemblies
- Assist in development of specifications, test plans, etc. related to product development activities
- Design and Manufacturing experience with molded cable assemblies, wire harnesses, cable assemblies, and electrical connectors and wired enclosures mandatory.
- Interpret concept parts and assemblies from CAD designs. Hand drawings and sketches for prototype and production manufacturing methods.
- Be able to read and interpret customer drawings, specifications, wire schematics.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aerospace or Defense Manufacturing engineering
- Demonstrated leadership of teams handling Project Engineering and Design Engineering
- Must have broad project management experience
- Provide technical direction to produce, engineer and design teams throughout project stages.
- Strong background in managing and planning multiple projects and people simultaneously within given deadlines
- Ability and flexibility to perform under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Able to work overtime to complete priority due dates
- Be proficient in verbal and written communication in English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- MUST be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States at the time of an interview with a U.S. Passport, U.S. birth certificate or permanent residence “green card”.
- Industrial/Mechanical or Electrical AA degree min. or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience with electronic assembly desirable
- Experience with molded cable assemblies, wire harnesses and connectors preferred.
- Familiar with precision gauges, understanding of practical shop mathematics and trigonometry.
- Familiarity with specifications and industry standards IPC-620, IPC-610, J-STD-001D, ISO9001)
- Able to train others
Ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision.(self-starter) hands on, direct and clear communicator, genuine, confident, Good interpersonal skills are a necessity.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring and discipline of the employees within that department.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.