CNC Swiss Machinist II - (Permanent Position in Portland, Oregon)
CNC Swiss Machinist II
The Machinist sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. The Machinist is responsible for ensuring product is loaded and unloaded correctly per standard operating procedures.
Monday - Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am
- Under close supervision, efficiently operates production machine tools to maintain high quality, low cost and on time delivery.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness.
- Empties chip bins.
- Sweeps and cleans work area and equipment.
- Use established practices to ensure Quality during operation including documentation and techniques.
- Monitor machine performance.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform general set-ups to ensure maximum utilization.
- Troubleshoot problems under guidance.
- Process improvement.
- Generally requires 2+ years CNC equipment operating experience, preferably working with Swiss machines.
- Ability to operate machine tools safely and understand set-up instructions.
- Familiar with basic blueprint reading or ability to acquire blueprint reading skills.
- Familiar with basic Inspection techniques and processes, or ability to learn and understand them.
- Basic knowledge of general manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic math skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all documentation.
- Demonstrated set-up competency on Cell-specific Machine Tools, with acceptable results.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and basic programming understanding
No sponsorship visa (H1-B, etc) candidates at this time, sorry.
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word format along with at least three professional references to:
COYOTE TECHNICAL & EXECUTIVE SOURCING
Director of Sourcing
Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally.
Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.
Coyote Technical & Executive Sourcing
Why Work Here?Coyote Technical & Executive Sourcing provides recruiting and staffing services. Our team of result-oriented professionals possesses experience in diverse industries, which means our placements range from blue-collar machinists to high-level executives. Our team of seasoned professionals specializes in recruiting qualified candidates in the Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Healthcare, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Plastics Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries. Our mission is to place every candidate in a position where they can succeed professionally. Refer to our job board for incredible job opportunities.
Coyote Technical will connect you with the hiring managers for opportunities in the most highly demanded, cutting edge companies.