Mobile Diesel Mechanic- Sign-On Bonus $5000
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For Quick Application: Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130
Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Mobile Diesel Technician to join our Field Maintenance Team to support future growth of the Company. This is an on-site role and we do not provide emergency road services. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance request.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued Apple iPhone device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service truck, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of Apple iPhone / mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms, such as TRAIT and Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer, etc.
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, Safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
Why Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services?
· $27.55-$36+ hourly depending on experience
· Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
· Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
· Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
· Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
· Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
· Laptop & company cellphone provided
· Technical training provided to advance your career
· Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
· Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
· 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
· Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
· Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
· Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
· Pet Insurance
· Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
· Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
There is nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling, owning, and using cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic and groundbreaking consumer brands like Autotrader ® and Kelley Blue Book®, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, vAuto ® and Xtime®. Cox Automotive is part of Cox Enterprises, a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. Cox Automotive is a global, family business that treats team members and clients like they are just that – family. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet ServicesWhy Work Here?
No On-Call or Road-side work!! Over 4 weeks of PTO! Safe Driver and Productivity bonuses!
AutomotiveView all jobs at Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services