One of the region's premier employers, Whelen Engineering, has partnered with CoWorx Staffing for over 19 years. We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative in the Technical Support Group.
Must be a technical trouble shooting expert with an electronics background.
The Technical Support Group is part of Whelen’s Customer Service Department, where we assist Whelen Representatives, distributors, and end users with technical data to help diagnose, identify, and troubleshoot Whelen software and hardware. At times assists with hardware and software installation related issues, troubleshooting or questions as required. Helps support and identify new and old product through part numbers, model numbers, descriptions, and photographs. The objective is to remedy issues in a professional and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under moderate supervision, performs varied tasks of intermediate complexity
• Applies intermediate and some advanced skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area
• May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirement functions of the position
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
• Processes customer orders/changes/returns according to established department policies and procedures.
• Keeps records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
• Follows communication procedures, guidelines and policies
• Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or considerable work experience
• Entry level often for those with work experience in the skill area
• Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
• Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using
standard procedures, and makes sound decisions
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent w/3+ years’ experience or AA/AS/Business School w/1+ years’ experience
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, medical condition, mental or physical disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other class or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.