This position is for support of project start up, commissioning and troubleshooting activities. In addition, this position will be responsible for field assisting of engineering, programming, graphics and closeout documentation activities for each project.
The position requires a basic and proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems. Tridium and/or Distech experience is hugely valuable. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project. This role will also be responsible at times for hardware design tasks to allow for continued exposure and development in more sophisticated and larger system applications.
• Assistance in the startup and commissioning activities of basic/zone control systems designed and programmed by others.
• Performs and validates the execution of the initial systems point-to-point commissioning activities
• Assists higher level Systems Software Engineers in the commissioning and troubleshooting of local and wide area networks.
• Assists higher level Systems Software Engineers in the utilization of computer hardware and software to support pre-functional testing of the system software code in relation to the design sequence of operations.
• Supports final systems functional testing as required by the project team.
• Performs basic program and graphics modification and hardware applications designs.
• Initiates and tracks project checkout documentation and as-built conditions for submission to the assigned Project Manager.
• Ability to manage time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager or higher- level Systems Software Engineer.
• Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
• Communicates effectively to submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
• Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual’s time sheet.
• Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
• Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
• Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans
• Associates degree in a technical field or 2-5 years of related work experience in building automation systems. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
• Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by leadership.
• Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
• Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.