HVAC Controls Contractor Financial/Office Manager
Cowles Search New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is hiring a full-time Financial/Office manager with strong administrative, accounting, and management skills for their operations. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of finance, accounting, internal controls, and cost control principles. Candidates with a working knowledge of accounting software, in addition to possessing strong skills with Microsoft Excel are preferred. They should also be competent with federal and state financial regulations and have an ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
The Financial/Office manager will ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and Company policy, monitor and maintain the control systems for the processing of revenue, WIP and cost of sales, fixed assets, and payroll, provide financial analyses, ensuring compliance with Company policies and internal control safeguards. The Financial/Office Manager manages cash flow and other treasury functions, provides critical analysis of changes in account balances, works with operations to build process and controls, manages the HR, Payroll, A/P, construction contract compliance and Billing.
• Familiar with job costing and calculations (HVAC, Mechanical Contracting and/or Controls Contracting preferred)
• Maintain schedules for fixed assets, prepaids, and financial leasing
• Manage cash flow and determine cash requirements
• Manage month-end, quarter end and year end close and manage all team members through the closing process.
• Maintain good working relationship with banker, bonding company, insurance company, and others, as assigned
• Review and/or prepare all monthly account reconciliations
• Compile and distribute monthly financial management reports
• Monthly and Quarterly state, city and local B&O Tax returns.
• Assist outside CPAs with annual review and Federal Income Tax Returns
Design Implement and Maintain Accounting Policies and Procedures and Company-Wide Internal Controls
• Maximize efficiencies, organize work processes and procedures, and automate procedures through system improvements
• Manage, coach and mentor accounting staff.
• Update and/or create general accounting process documents.
Qualifications and Skills
• B.S./B.A. in Accounting, CPA preferred
• 5+ years of diverse accounting experience including construction industry and staff supervision
• In-depth understanding of Work in Process and construction revenue recognition
• Extensive use of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
• Solid leadership skills
• Skilled in writing policies and procedures, evaluation of processes and communicating
• Fun, knowledgeable, experienced, creative, and flexible person
Cowles SearchWhy Work Here?
Cowles Search is a uniquely focused recruiting firm in the building systems arena.
Cowles Search does most of its work in the field of HVAC controls, building automation, plus fire/life-safety/security and contracting in general all around the United States. Primarily, the roles we fill are for Controls Engineers, Controls Technicians, and Sales Engineers. We will also work to recruit for Project Managers and other related roles in HVAC, building systems, contracting and energy conservation. Our common client is a Controls Contractor, anywhere from a 10-person company to a $100M company with hundreds of employees, and from small markets to very large metropolitan markets. In many markets, we are placing fire alarm, life safety and security (card access and CCTV) salespeople, system designers, IT/Network electricians, inspectors and management/leaders.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cowles Search