This position is for HVAC control system sequence programming and support of project start up, commissioning and troubleshooting activities. In addition, this position will be responsible for field assisting of engineering, programming, graphics and closeout documentation activities for each project.
The position requires a basic and proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project.
• Assistance in the startup and commissioning activities of basic/zone control systems designed and programmed by themselves and possibly others.
• Assists with and validates the execution of the initial systems point-to-point commissioning activities
• Assists higher level Systems Software Engineers in the commissioning and troubleshooting of local and wide area networks.
• Assists higher level Systems Software Engineers in the utilization of computer hardware and software to support pre-functional testing of the system software code in relation to the design sequence of operations.
• Supports final systems functional testing as required by the project team.
• Performs basic program and graphics modification and hardware applications designs.
• Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans
• Associates degree in a technical field or 2-5 years of related work experience in building automation systems. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
• Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by leadership.
• Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
• Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.