Electrical Project Manager
Cowles Search Ankeny, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the company mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Under limited supervision, manages and administers the construction and delivery of new projects, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management. Manage material, manpower, and processes of electrical projects. Purchase material, schedule work, estimate change orders, and contract sub-contractors. Executes assigned equipment projects and ensures that assigned projects are executed profitably, accurately, on-time, within the scope of the contract, and in alignment with customer expectations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Capable of leading a team of other professionals including project managers, designers and project engineers
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents
- Develop and administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms
- Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment
- Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations
- Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations
- Research and prepare various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customers during project execution
- Estimating electrical work
- Read and comprehend drawings, sketches, and contracts
- Use computer estimating programs and accounting software programs
- Must be flexible
- Must have construction knowledge
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
- Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, or Electrical Engineering OR
- Minimum 5-10 years of directly related experience to duties and responsibilities specified
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Good vision and hearing
- Organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of contract language
- Crisis management skills as well as personal management skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Computer skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Able to multi-task
- Moderately exposed to unusual elements and may require moderate physical activity
At any given time, may be exposed to:
- Normal office conditions
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Noise intensity – Loud
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
- In proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Working in high/exposed places
- Tape measure
- PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, Hi-Vis vest)
- Clothing: jeans, appropriate office shirt
The company offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
Cowles SearchWhy Work Here?
Cowles Search is a uniquely focused recruiting firm in the building systems arena.
Cowles Search does most of its work in the field of HVAC controls, building automation, plus fire/life-safety/security and contracting in general all around the United States. Primarily, the roles we fill are for Controls Engineers, Controls Technicians, and Sales Engineers. We will also work to recruit for Project Managers and other related roles in HVAC, building systems, contracting and energy conservation. Our common client is a Controls Contractor, anywhere from a 10-person company to a $100M company with hundreds of employees, and from small markets to very large metropolitan markets. In many markets, we are placing fire alarm, life safety and security (card access and CCTV) salespeople, system designers, IT/Network electricians, inspectors and management/leaders.
TechnologyView all jobs at Cowles Search