Controls Technician - HVAC
Cowles Search Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HVAC Controls Technician
The HVAC Controls Technician will be responsible for servicing existing HVAC / Building Automation / Temperature Controls Systems, checkout, commissioning and implementation of installation projects, and training of technical labor.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required. Graduate of Trade School Preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability
• Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors.
• Exhibits exemplary safe working behaviors
• Completes typical installation of software programming.
• Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations.
• Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required.
• Cable / conduit installation and wiring terminations as required.
• Effectively communicates the status of projects to management for the purpose of managing costs, billings and collections on assigned projects.
• Responsibilities could include independent ownership of a turnkey project or working with a project team and project managers as part of larger projects.
• Supports project transition from installation to service.
• Responsibilities may include support of the service department for emergency service calls and/or programming support.
• Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to associate controls technicians.
• Responsible for jointly planning annual development and training plan with supervisor.
• Requires critical thinking skills, self-motivation, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Mechanical and / or electrical aptitude, excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and decisive judgment skills are a must.
• This is a physical / construction type of position. It will require but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and crawling. This position will also require being up on ladders and lifting.
Hours of work and Travel:
• Full Time, 40 Hours / week. Overtime is a possibility but does have to be preapproved. Daily travel to job sites, generally in the state of Indiana (but not limited to).
Cowles SearchWhy Work Here?
Cowles Search is a uniquely focused recruiting firm in the building systems arena.
Cowles Search does most of its work in the field of HVAC controls, building automation, plus fire/life-safety/security and contracting in general all around the United States. Primarily, the roles we fill are for Controls Engineers, Controls Technicians, and Sales Engineers. We will also work to recruit for Project Managers and other related roles in HVAC, building systems, contracting and energy conservation. Our common client is a Controls Contractor, anywhere from a 10-person company to a $100M company with hundreds of employees, and from small markets to very large metropolitan markets. In many markets, we are placing fire alarm, life safety and security (card access and CCTV) salespeople, system designers, IT/Network electricians, inspectors and management/leaders.
ConstructionView all jobs at Cowles Search