JOB TITLE: BUILDING PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
The Building Performance Engineer will be responsible for a range of building energy and performance projects and services. They will manage and perform building tune ups, field and monitoring-based commissioning projects, building analytic services and software, utility and interval data analysis, energy assessments and audits, EnergyStar certifications, measurement and verification, and energy project development support. This is an exempt position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Seattle Building Tune Ups Field Specialist (Seattle Building Tune Ups)
· Company project/ongoing services management
· High performance control sequence development and optimization
· Field Commissioning
· Monitoring-Based Commissioning
· Building data analysis and review
· Utility and meter data analysis
· Energy assessments/audit field work and report writing
· Measurement & Verification planning, monitoring, and reporting
· Energy Engineering support
· Data visualizations
· Fault Detection software deployment and analysis
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge and experience with Building Mechanical Systems and High-Performance Sequences
· Strong understanding of Energy Management and DDC Control theory and applications.
· Understanding of lighting, building ventilation requirements, and renewables.
· Programming skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong interactive and communication skills
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Experience with electronics and basic electrical circuits
· Ability to work independently and unsupervised
· Ability to manage own schedule, time, and projects
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Engineering undergraduate degree
· Equivalent combination of education and experience
· Computer programming experience
· Building Mechanical system experience
Why Work Here?Cowles Search does most of its work in the field of HVAC controls, building automation, plus fire/life-safety/security and contracting in general all around the United States. Primarily, the roles we fill are for Controls Engineers, Controls Technicians, and Sales Engineers. We will also work to recruit for Project Managers and other related roles in HVAC, building systems, contracting and energy conservation. Our common client is a Controls Contractor, anywhere from a 10-person company to a $100M company with hundreds of employees, and from small markets to very large metropolitan markets. In many markets, we are placing fire alarm, life safety and security (card access and CCTV) salespeople, system designers, IT/Network electricians, inspectors and management/leaders.
Cowles Search is a uniquely focused recruiting firm in the building systems arena.