BAS Project Manager
Cowles Search Billings, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description for Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects, including scheduling and resource coordination along with project budgets. The PM will also be responsible for owner training.
Education and Experience:
· BS Engineering, preferable in Mechanical or Electrical, or equivalent experience.
· 5-7 years’ experience in Commercial/Industrial Controls Required.
· Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
· High Technical knowledge of HVAC systems and controls is required with high mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
· Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects.
· Excellent decision quality and command skills.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills with an acute attention to detail.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors.
· Portfolio of Projects to Manage:
o Oversee Project Budgets and Financials.
o Schedule and Conduct Owner Training.
o Coordinate Project Schedules, Logistics, and Resources.
· Pursue and Procure Change Orders.
· Perform Job Site Safety Inspections.
· Manage the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
· Secure pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions on assigned projects.
· Effectively communicate the status of projects to management.
· Responsible for jointly planning annual development and training plan with supervisor.
· Participate in all safety trainings offered as part of the company safety program.
· Participate in regular formal training ~ 2 weeks classroom training annually.
· Actively participate in regular informal training sessions inside the office and on the jobsite.
· This is a physical / construction type of position. It will require but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting, and crawling. This position will also require being up on ladders and lifting.
Hours of work and Travel:
· Full Time, 40 Hours / week. Overtime is a possibility but does have to be preapproved. Daily travel to job sites, generally in the state of Indiana (but not limited to).
Cowles SearchWhy Work Here?
Cowles Search is a uniquely focused recruiting firm in the building systems arena.
Cowles Search does most of its work in the field of HVAC controls, building automation, plus fire/life-safety/security and contracting in general all around the United States. Primarily, the roles we fill are for Controls Engineers, Controls Technicians, and Sales Engineers. We will also work to recruit for Project Managers and other related roles in HVAC, building systems, contracting and energy conservation. Our common client is a Controls Contractor, anywhere from a 10-person company to a $100M company with hundreds of employees, and from small markets to very large metropolitan markets. In many markets, we are placing fire alarm, life safety and security (card access and CCTV) salespeople, system designers, IT/Network electricians, inspectors and management/leaders.
ConstructionView all jobs at Cowles Search