As a Building Automation Application Engineer, you will have overall responsibility for the design, material selection, material budget and design documents associated with the preliminary stages of the project. Additionally, ongoing engineering support of the project management, installation, programming and commissioning teams as well as the service teams for any project will be expected. The main purpose of this position is to provide a cost-effective design to meet the agreed upon scope for both equipment and installation of the Building Automation project. Final duties will be to provide closeout documents for the project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Select applicable building automation products and end devices for energy management systems based on input from sales turnover and from contract construction documents, a defined scope of work and specifications.
- Create controls drawings that include: flow diagrams, sequences of operation, bill of material, network layouts, schedules and electrical schematics as required.
- Produce engineering documents to include control drawings, product data sheets and other requested data for project submittals.
- Attend pre-construction meetings to gain knowledge of the project estimate and project scope.
- Provide engineering assistance on and off-site during installation, start-up, checkout and turnover processes.
- Participate in on-site walk-throughs and complete all project closeout documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Associates Degree in similar field or equivalent job experience.
- 10+ yrs. experience in Controls Applications Engineering with design of BAS or Temperature Control Systems preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commercial building HVAC & Electrical systems.
- Tridium and/or Alerton product knowledge a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills