Head of Human Resources
Covr Financial Technologies Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: CEO and COO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
TRAVEL: Local events
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, may need to flex times due to business needs
LOCATION: Hartford or Boise
Covr Technologies is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Covr has a dynamic and transparent work environment where we create opportunities for our employees to grow. We embrace a flexible work environment that encourages high productivity and job satisfaction. We have strong core values: Client First, Collaboration, Diversity, Innovation, Fun!
Covr seeks a business-oriented head of Human Resources and Recruiting to lead its efforts in hiring, developing, and retaining talent. This leader will manage all HR functions across our 3 site locations; Boise, Hartford and Colorado Springs and remote workforce of 100+ people. As a part of the senior leadership team, this individual will need the strategic vision necessary to lead administrative, change management and people management initiatives aligned with Covr values and enterprise goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement, monitor and apply strong human resource practices including staffing, development, compensation, safety and health, and employee and labor relations. Design and implement Covr’s recruiting strategy by partnering hiring managers to ascertain job requirements, sourcing and recruiting plan.
- Lead and manage onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Maintain employee benefit programs and act as primary point of contact for employees and benefits provider. Maintain all human resource records.
- Be the chief culture office for the company; internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in human resource management.
- Five (5)+ years of experience in recruiting, human resources and employee relations.
- Two (2)+ years experience in industry or adjacent industry (ie. insurance, technology or financial services/fintech).
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws and personnel practices.
- Strong technology and computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), applicant tracking software, performance management, training and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of administering HRIS and applicant tracking systems a plus, preferably ADP and JazzHR.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Recognize and understand the main HR competencies of effective communication; consultation; ethical practice; critical evaluation; business acumen; leadership and navigation; technical expertise; cross-cultural awareness, and relationship management.
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews, including with technical and specialized professionals.
- Highly professional demeanor and positive personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to become an expert in early stage, technology oriented companies.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter that operates quickly and efficiently in a highly fast paced environment and works well under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration - working with internal and external customers as business partner to achieve business goals.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maturity,
- The position is a 'player/coach' role and has support from our business manager (50% of their time) and our finance department. May require 40+ hour work weeks, at times.
Check out our Employee Reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed to learn more about our culture!
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW - Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 90% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW - Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit
To Submit an Application/Questions:
- Internal Applicants: Apply through Covr’s YourSource self-service portal.
- External Employees: Submit an external application by going to www.covrtech.com/careers/
- Have a question about an open position… Text your question directly to our HR department at (208) 417-8305. We check our messages frequently throughout the day and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Powered by JazzHR
Covr Financial Technologies
BusinessView all jobs at Covr Financial Technologies