Director of Product Management, Consumer
- Posted: over a month ago
TITLE: Director of Product Management, Consumer
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer/Head of Product
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, may need to flex times due to business needs
LOCATION: Hartford, CT - Hybrid
Covr is listed as one of Forbes' Top 500 Start Up Companies of 2021! Covr is a is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours and progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
The Director of Product Management, Consumer will be supporting Covr’s digital life insurance sales platforms. This position will oversee the building of Covr’s Consumer platform of instant issue term insurance, permanent life Insurance, DI and specialty products. This platform is built for financial institutions like banks, credit unions, brokerage firms, RIAs, financial planning apps and other financial institutions to cross sell-customers with value added insurance products.
The Director of Product Management, Consumer will do everything from conceptualization to pricing to implementation and for post-launch performance. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for building the current and future Consumer product offering and related service that maintains a sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the Channel. The successful candidate will lead the transformation of product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts to ensure that there is a continuous improvement in the Consumer Channel product as well as the product’s compliance to market need and competitive offerings making decisions on product functionality, pricing and positioning to key constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding of the insurance value chain and ‘full stack’ environment – carrier, intermediary, platform providers, advisors and customers
- Strong knowledge of “new-tech” methods of customer interaction in B2B2C and B2C environments with financial institution and consumer direct channels
- Understanding of the emerging digital processes and other emerging technologies that will drive a better customer experience for the evaluation and purchase of life insurance and other insurance products.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities.
- Build out a best-in-class team and outside resources to achieve desired results
- Responsible for spearheading R&D and analyses on the product and the product market.
- Oversee execution of marketing initiatives following the launch of new partnerships.
- Collaborate internally with company leadership and areas of product, marketing, sales, operations, and customer service to meet client and company objectives.
- Drive the development of AI and analytical tools that analyze results and benchmark product performance to demonstrate the impact of initiatives.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and demanding environment, with a strong ability to manage numerous competing priorities.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and willing to work 'hands-on' getting in the trenches with the team at every level.
- Proven ability to lead and manage people in a high paced and collaborative culture
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required. An advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in insurance and/or financial services industry
- 5+ years experience in digital or direct life insurance
- Experience in commercializing insurance platform products with various stakeholders – financial institutions, carriers, consumers, etc. with a preferred experience in life insurance.
- Understanding of financial advisor, bank channel, RIA, independent agent and digital/robo-platform models. B2B2C marketing within these distribution channels is highly valued.
- Experience building and leading a product team, with proven success developing and implementing product changes and initiatives.
- Preferably as a Head of a Product Channel in a complex business setting, a suitable candidate will also have diverse experience in the fields of product marketing, management, and communications.
- Experience in leading or participating in the development of new technology platforms through the use of agile methods and being able to speak effectively to technical developers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Dynamic personality to develop new relationships with potential customers and to drive new accounts towards action
- Persistent marketer with a proven track record of high performance/activity
- Strategic thinker who understands macro and micro industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technology skills to demonstrate and leverage our technology tools
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other office productivity tools
Powered by JazzHR
Covr Financial Technologies
BusinessView all jobs at Covr Financial Technologies