Seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager as a direct hire placement, with expertise in electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, cold storage and fire alarm systems. Will be responsible for the daily oversight of technical and mechanical performance of the central plant and building systems and the production of the department staff. We offer an excellent benefits and retirement plan.Responsibilities
- The Maintenance Manager tracks and monitors resident and staff work order requests and insures timely completion of routine and project related work orders, and appropriate follow-up communications.
- Directly supervises the daily activities of each Maintenance staff person for accuracy, efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Completes purchase order requisitions for supplies, parts, and equipment needed using the budget as a guide for ordering
- Responsible for maintaining upkeep of inventory information, preventative maintenance controls, purchase order requisitions, and work order requests
- The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining all equipment and services in the apartment building at peak performance levels and maintaining appropriate records for regulatory compliance.
- Trains staff on all required safety procedures, proper equipment use, and department and facility policy and procedures as required
- Responsible for time and attendance monitoring of each maintenance person on the computer
- Responsible for the initial recruiting and interviewing of prospective employees as needed
- The Maintenance Manager participates in financial performance improvement, and participates as directed in activities relating to quality improvement and resident/employee satisfaction.
- Substitutes in the absence of the Director of Facility Services at mandatory meetings and in response to requests or inquiries, and provides back-up support to the Director of Safety and Transportation for emergency drills
- Must have knowledge of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, cold storage, and fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of Title 22 and 24 highly preferred.
- High level of computer literacy on Word, Excel, and Preventative Maintenance Programs required
- Project planning and implementation skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Experience working in apartment buildings or senior communities with elderly residents.
- Graduate of College of Technical School equivalent related to mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing equipment maintenance and repair
- Minimum of three years supervisory/management level experience in similar role required
Covia is Certified as a Great Place to Work. Apply today!Covia is an equal opportunity employer. Covia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. We advocate the right of each employee to be treated with respect and dignity, and will constantly strive to improve policies, pay, benefits, fair treatment, and positive relations with each employee.