Covestic is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to support Retail and Warehouse operations with a local retailer. This is a Dynamic AX environment supporting Supply Chain, Retail, Inventory, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Purchase Orders, and Receiving. This role will be assigned to cross-functional and cross-departmental projects with highly complex, cross-systems impact.
Systems Planning and Development
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the delivery teams.
- Analyze and communicate stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Establish agreements and manage relationships with external third-party providers and internal business partners.
- Manage business systems projects and provide support for related projects. Specify inputs and format outputs to meet business needs.
- Coordinate implementation of system changes.
- Develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts, as needed.
- Oversee implementation and coordinate the system/data testing and validation pre-and-post go-live.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and implement problem isolation/resolution for business systems and applications.
- Provide root cause analysis and proactive activities to detect and prevent future problems/incidents.
- Review information to ensure that business systems meet agreed service levels.
Analysis, Reporting, Business Intelligence
- Assist executives, and other business users, with reporting analytics and exception reporting metrics using one the following: Power BI, SSRS, Advanced Excel (including PowerPivot, nested formulas, external data sources), Crystal, etc.
- Define, publish and maintain data definitions and standards.
- Gather requirements for new reports, create reports, and validate data integrity.
Required Hard Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Technical Systems Analyst in IT
- 1-2 years of prior experience coding in a high-level or scripting language
- Experience with a major ERP system – Microsoft Dynamics AX,
- Experience with Retail, Retail Merchandising, Supply Chain Warehousing, integration, etc.
- Good understanding of the SDLC process (Waterfall and Agile methodologies)
- Basic understanding of risk management related to systems development
- Previous experience owning new applications/business systems
- Expertise with Business Process Analysis/Management tools
Desired Hard Skills:
- Power BI highly
- SQL experience (advanced, if possible)
- Certification in Business Analysis or Project Management
- Knowledge/experience with Dynamics AX
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated skill in providing excellent service to customers.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize independently.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, etc.