Position: Program Technician II/III
Position Description: The Program Technician II acts as a Service Center Representative and is responsible for answering the customer service contacts via the Automated Call Distribution System (ACD) and/or Website in regards to health insurance plans/options. The SCR interacts, identifies and solves the needs of the customers, potential customers and other entities and are responsible for providing information on health insurance plans/options; premiums, health coverage benefits; and inputting accurate customer information for determining eligibility for tax credits and subsidies. SCRs will also screen individuals for Medi-Cal eligibility referring customers to the appropriate county if applicable.
- Experience/knowledge of public health and health care industry services, programs and trends.
- Moderate knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience in delivering professional oral and written communication.
- Experience providing customer service, specifically in a call center environment.
- Experience with call center phone equipment and systems.
- Experience displaying an advanced ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation, Benefits & First Year Ave. Earnings:
- Program Technician II:$3042.00 – $3812.00 p/mo
- Program Technician III: $3403.00 – 4263.00 p/mo
- Pay Differential: If selected, incumbents will receive a call center pay differential and be compensated an additional $100 per month.
- Bilingual Pay Differential: Bilingual applicants are encourage to apply. Applicants bilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Tagalog, Hmong, Armenian, Farsi or Arabic are also encouraged to apply. If selected, bilingual incumbents are required to take and pass the applicable verbal and written bilingual fluency examination(s). Once certified, incumbent will be compensated an additional $100 per month
Join us as a part of Covered California, a department that improves the health of all Californians by assuring access to affordable, high quality care. Covered California is creating through the Affordable Care Act an innovative, competitive marketplace allowing consumers to choose the health plan and providers that provide them with the best value. It’s part of Covered California’s commitment to improving Californians access to affordable, high quality care. Our Service Centers, located in Rancho Cordova and Fresno, were established to assist customers in understanding their program, enrolling in health plans, and determining eligibility for subsidies and tax credits.
Meet with Hiring Managers on December 5th! (Dress for Success)
Thursday, December 5th
9:30am – 12:30pm
DoubleTree Convention Center
2233 Ventura Street
Fresno, CA 93721
Thank you for your interest in this online ad. By applying and submitting your resume to this opportunity, you are agreeing to opt in and receive emails, phone calls and text messages regarding job opportunities in your area. "I agree to receive reoccurring text msgs. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help, msg&data rates may apply."