Shop Technician I & II
- Posted: over a month ago
- Shop Technician II (Flowback) .
- Works under the guidance and direction of a more senior shop tech or shop foreman .
- Works in an enclosed shop facility as well as open yard space servicing and maintaining pressure related equipment and the maintenance equipment associated with same.
- Mentors Shop I level technicians as directed by the Shop Foreman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Understands and follows all HR, HSE and Quality Management Policies.
- Attends and engages in all OJT led by a Shop Technician II, III or Supervisor, and any other available training that is required to perform job successfully.
- Assists in all facets of equipment maintenance, preparation, testing and appearance as directed and as specific to Flowback operations.
- Mentors and provides cross-training to less experienced shop technicians on all phases of the identification of disassembly, reassembly, testing and job preparation of all Flowback equipment.
- Provides oversight of prioritizing duties and procedures of pressure testing equipment and heavy lift movement of equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of the support equipment necessary to prepare the pressure equipment for storage or job prep. (Steam Cleaner, Forklift, Crane, Pressure Test Unit, Torque Units, Paint Booth Apparatus).
- Keeps working area and facility in an organized and neat condition.
- Available to work days and times necessary to complete required work.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and respond to verbal commands as well as read printed materials relevant to equipment function, maintenance, testing and parts definitions.
- Ability to understand HSE documentation relating to mechanical, environmental and chemical exposures/risks.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and their application for the duties needed to perform their tasks related to the equipment.
- Basic knowledge of math and measurement as it relates to torque and pressure applications related to assembly and testing of equipment.
- Exhibits ability to work on a more independent basis requiring less supervision.
- Exhibits willingness to mentor and train lesser experienced employees in their department.
- Exhibits Critical Thinking using logic and reasoning in their specified tasks.
- Exhibits Problem Sensitivity to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong.
- Ability to work under pressure - effectively deal with constraints, changes and problems to accomplish work goals.
- Safety - Knowledge and adherence to policies and procedures and strategies to promote safe operations.
- Dependability - The ability to be punctual and reliable in regards to execution of all phases of the job.
- Attention to detail - Careful and thorough in completing work and communicating with customers and co-workers.
- Communication - The ability to read or listen and understand information being presented, and the ability as well to speak or write to convey information effectively.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1-year recent, practical experience with Flowback equipment.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Indoor shop environment (heated and air cooled).
- Outdoor yard environment with hard pack, concrete or dirt-based stabilization.
- Ability to stand continuously.
- Ability to kneel, squat, push/pull, reach (including overhead), grasp/squeeze and a minimum of 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders and walk occasionally.
- Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- This job may require the employee to work for extended periods within a shop or yard type environment.
- Smith Driving Instruction.
- Arial Lift.
- Fall Protection.
- Additional training to be assigned as needed.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing; maintain client required random drug tests.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to be cleared to operate motor vehicles at all times.
- Must pass a background investigation.
Covenant Testing Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
Covenant Testing Technologies
ManufacturingView all jobs at Covenant Testing Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?