Mental Health Administrative Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
Covenant Family Solutions is seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to join our Dubuque Clinic team. Hours for this position are 9:00am until 2:30pm Monday through Thursday. If you are looking to be part of an amazing organization that is passionate about making a difference in people's lives, then Covenant is the place for you.Our Core Values
Mental health IS health. At CFS we are committed to actually making a difference by helping people to unleash their potential to become the best versions of themselves. We do this through:
- Hard Work and Dedication. We put in the time needed to get the job done and aren’t afraid to push ourselves to go above and beyond in order to serve.
- Continuous Improvement. We consider it our responsibility to engage in continuous learning. We focus on improving our clinical skills and personal characteristics.
- Excellent Care and Service. We are dedicated to ensuring that our patients, colleagues, and all those we meet are able to receive the support they need.
- Support and Uplift. We care about each others’ well-being and provide compassionate support and encouragement to all those we meet.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of our clinical team as the first face or voice that individuals encounter when they reach out to CFS for their mental health needs. This team member is responsible for handling confidential and time sensitive information and working with patient files. The position requires compassion, empathy, and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Uplift the Covenant Family Solutions core values of Hard Work and Dedication, Continuous Improvement, Excellent Care and Service, and Support and Uplift on a daily basis.
- Deliver outstanding and compassionate service to individuals seeking mental health services for themselves or a loved one.
- Respond to referrals for care including self-referrals and referrals from other members of an individuals' healthcare team received via email, phone, and fax.
- Schedule appointments on behalf of CFS clinicians including verifying insurance and demographic information. Listen to the needs of each individual to ensure they are matched with the provider best equipped to serve their unique needs.
- Welcome patients arriving for visits with CFS providers, check them in for their visits, and receive co-pays/payments for services.
- Participate as an active member of the integrated mental healthcare team within CFS including weekly team meetings where all voices are valued.
- Represent CFS well when communicating with people inside or outside of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned. (Come on, you knew it was coming.)
Aside from a natural compassion and empathy for others, we are seeking a candidate that has the following skills and experience to best serve those in our care.
- Previous experience working in medical office setting. Preference given to those with experience in mental health office settings.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to provide empathetic care to patients and families of varied ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with the utmost discretion and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity through a customer service orientation that includes accountability, tenacity, effective communication skills and adaptability.
- Detail oriented, capable of multi-tasking, and effective time management skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to relate to patients, referral partners, and colleagues in ways that build trust and confidence.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Professional and reliable work ethic.
- Be able to identify areas for growth, make recommendations for change and participate in review and revision of systems to ensure continuous improvement
- Work/Life Balance. We are committed to supporting your needs as a team member and as a person. This position is Monday through Thursday with no weekends and includes paid holidays.
- Supportive Team. We recognize the toll that working in mental healthcare can take, especially as the first face or voice our patients encounter when reaching out for care. That is why one of our core values is to support and uplift one another through tough times while also celebrating achievements.
- Learning Stipend. One of our core values is to engage in continuous improvement. We offer an annual learning stipend to make ensure you are able to continue to grow as a person and as a professional.
Covenant Family Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Covenant Family Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?