Covenant Community Care, a faith based non-profit charitable Community Health Center serving the people of Metro Detroit is looking for a part-time, temporary candidate to work as a Medical Receptionist for our Detroit Moross clinic location.
- Financial assessment of patients and determination of patients expected payment.
- Ability to assign Slide Fee to patients who fall below FPL and identify patients who qualify for the Good Samaritan program.
- Knowledge of sliding Fee scale and how it is determined.
- Calculate FPL percentile by determining patient family size and income. Knowledgeable of public health plans. Insurance verification through various sites, i.e. CHAMPS, WebDenis, Total Health Care.
- Assist patient with referrals to specialist and orders for imaging, insuring patients are obtaining care form outside providers.
- In the absence of the LPN, will be responsible to room patients and take vitals.
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT experience is a plus such as: patient triage and willingness to learn new skills.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good driving record
- Some Medical Assistant Experience, a plus
- Community Health knowledge a plus but not necessary
- Must able to pass background check
Please apply on company website at: covenantcommunitycare.org