Food Service Supervisor Job Summary:
It's our job at Covelo Group to find dedicated professionals for positions with some of the most prestigious healthcare systems in the country! We are currently seeking a food service professional for a supervisory role with a major Bay Area hospital. Our ideal candidate has experience in food service and knows their way around a commercial kitchen. Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills are a must as it will be your responsibility to ensure the kitchen team operates smoothly. In addition, we want you to have a strong foundation in health, safety, and sanitation as they pertain to high volume food service. This role will be demanding, but if you're up for the challenge, it will also get your carrier moving in the right direction!
This is a long-term, temp-to-hire position with competitive weekly pay, comprehensive benefits (including 401k with company match), and a dependable full-time schedule.
If you're ready to step up and lead a team while earning a dependable income, then look no further!
- Prepare kitchen and dining area for food service; ensure areas remain clean and presentable
- Plan work assignments and shift coverage to maintain adequate staffing levels
- Assist with daily duties and food preparation as needed
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and standards regarding food service
- Obtain feedback from customers and adjust operations to provide a better service
- Maintain stocks of supplies and food items; report shortages to management
- Review performance of team members; counsel employees on work-related items if standards are not being met and offer praise when they are
- ServSafe Food Handlers Permit
- Food Safety Manger Certificate
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen safety standards
- Previous institutional or large-volume kitchen experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead a team
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
Covelo doesn’t just match you with healthcare jobs – we hand-select the right opportunities to help you reach your full career potential. We work with top hospital systems across the nation to connect you to allied, environmental services, healthcare administration and nursing positions.
Our team knows the importance of matching candidates with the right opportunity; that’s why we’re focused on aligning skills and experience to provide the best placement. Since 2006, we’ve been building strong relationships with leading medical centers to help maximize career potential for our candidates. Our team is responsive, reliable and knowledgeable, always standing by to create brighter futures. Plus, we’ll be by your side every step of the way, from orientation and throughout your career journey. See how Covelo can accelerate your career growth today.