Project Manager (STRIDES)
Covalent Solutions, LLC Bethesda, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Covalent Solutions (Covalent) is seeking mission driven, highly motivated and collaborative Project Manager, who is truly excited about managing projects to support the Science and Technology Research Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES) Initiative. The STRIDES initiative allows NIH to explore the use of cloud environments to streamline NIH data use by partnering with commercial providers. NIH’s STRIDES Initiative provides cost-effective access to industry-leading partners to help advance biomedical research. These partnerships enable access to rich datasets and advanced computational infrastructure, tools, and services.
This role is part of the Cloud Services group of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Center of Information Technology (CIT) which aims to harness the power of commercial cloud computing and provide NIH biomedical researchers with access to the most advanced, cost-effective computational infrastructure, tools and services available. With Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services (AWS) as its initial industry partners, the Cloud Services group has established partnerships with commercial cloud service providers to reduce economic and technological barriers to accessing and computing on large biomedical data sets to accelerate biomedical advances.
This opportunity is full-time (W-2) with Covalent and is on-site (subject to COVID-19 restrictions) in Bethesda, Maryland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Direct medium to large-scale, complex projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing projects and their cross-functional teams through the established processes.
- Building the integrated project plan, resource plan, risk mitigation plan, test plan and related project management artifacts.
- Establishing new processes and tailoring existing processes to address project, product, and program specific needs
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value.
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Work in conjunction with stakeholders and team members to achieve project deliverables.
- Partner with project sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Manage projects according to established methodology and standards.
- Managing the integrated project schedule, defining the critical path and key milestones, tracking activities to ensure functional team members are meeting agreed upon deadlines, generating and communicating status reports, and escalating critical issues.
- Representing the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Ensuring the project meets success parameters and business objectives stated in the project plan and charter.
- Preventive management of roadblocks and generation of risk mitigation plans.
- Coordinating and facilitating project meetings including kick-off meetings, project team meetings, risk assessments, operational checkpoints, lessons learned, post launch reviews and additional meetings as required.
- Providing transparency and communication on project status and risks to cross functional team members and the STRIDES Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or STEM discipline
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
- Experience working on high visibility projects and working with senior level executives and stakeholders
- Minimum of 5+ years of cross functional experience including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, Technical Applications Group, Research & Development, Software-as-a-Service project management or business analyst experience.
- Experience using software project management tools is a plus.
- Experience working in product-oriented organizations is a plus.
- Highly-developed project management skills in a Software-as-a-Service environment.
- Sharp eye for detail. Keep meticulous notes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and in different phases of work at the same time. Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Context-switching does not bother you.
- Ability to manage and lead teams. Effectively collaborates and influences people at all levels in the organization through strong interpersonal and communication skills, and highly-developed facilitation skills.
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and drive resolution.
- Focused on results, proactive, service oriented
- Proven ability to focus project team and stakeholders on the top priorities – can focus on both high level and detail level, knowing which is appropriate for the situation.
- Ability to identify links between facts, ideas and situations that have no obvious connection.
- Ability to self-direct and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate.
- Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Show persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Naturally curious about things you don't understand and actively look for opportunities to grow and learn from those around you.
- Actively participate in meetings and be willing to advocate for what you believe in. Provide thoughtful, constructive review of others’ work, knowing that everyone is working towards the same objective.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You can always articulate the "why" behind your proposals.
- Listen to others, correctly interpret messages from others and respond appropriately.
- Ask questions to clarify, and exhibit interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Speak intelligently about a wide variety of topics but know when to say, "I don't know."
- Ability to form trust-based relationships quickly and lead cross-functional teams through influence (without formal authority).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Place team agenda before personal agenda.
- Support and act in accordance with the final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect your own position.
- Share credit for team accomplishments and accept joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Take ownership of all responsibilities and honor commitments.
- Deliver outputs for which you have responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards.
- Operate in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Take personal responsibility for your own shortcomings, where applicable.
Covalent Solutions, LLCWhy Work Here?
Come work with a company creates lasting bonds with their employees and customers!
Covalent Solutions is a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals helping our customers accomplish their mission.
6720 Rockledge DriveBethesda, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Covalent Solutions, LLC