Courtyard by Marriott Upper Marlboro, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you ready to advance your career to the next level? Are you a passionate hospitality professional? How about hands on, energetic, and honest? Tharaldson wants you!
We provide a friendly, professional place to work and have fun, with opportunities for advancement and career growth. A strong company culture inspires staff to achieve the highest service standards in hospitality. Tharaldson offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing! Tharaldson has 70 hotels nationwide and will be doubling in size in the next 3 years, providing huge potential for all successful managers!
Plans and administers sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage by performing the following duties
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget with the General Manager
- Provides sales training to staff of hotel as applicable
- Analyzes Revenue Management strategy using such tools as Star Reports, demand analysis and applicable front office systems
- Schedules sales appointments
- Conducts a required amount of cold calls
- Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data
- Completes requests of General Manager and other management personnel, as applicable
- Performs functions of General Manager in General Manager’s absence
- All other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or peers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software and internet
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Courtyard by Marriott
AddressUpper Marlboro, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Courtyard by Marriott