The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for developing a strategic approach to the Business Unit procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods, services and Capex. In addition will manage, improve, and/or build procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on enhancing organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed. The purchasing manager will assure the centralized procurement program adds value and efficiencies to the organization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop a centralized procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organization
- Process purchase orders; develops bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
- Lead negotiation process with major suppliers or purchases.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage under performers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function & staff.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management team to ensure accurate Forecasting and inventory planning
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas such as Sales, Product Management, and Warehouse personnel to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Work across a global organization, sharing and learning best practices, and balancing global and local needs and impacts.
- Work closely with Sales department to share vision of raw material price evolution to support customer negotiation and or pass through
- BS degree in related field
- 7+ years purchasing experience with minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Strong negotiator with the ability to build a vendor program
- Results oriented, metrics-driven
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead, mentor, and develop a purchasing team
- Experience working with global teams and partners.
Courtney Group LLC