- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Well established and growing company in business over 50 years seeks a Sr. Buyer/Planner. This is a key position with long-term growth opportunity. The Sr. Buyer/Planner is responsible for the inventory and logistics strategy of assigned commodities to ensure uninterrupted supply while finding creative ways to continually reduce costs and improve operations efficiency. The essential job functions include:
· Ensure supplier Quality, Cost, and Delivery targets are met. Monitor, communicate and drive improvement using Supplier Scorecard process.
· Plan demand, sets safety stock levels and establishes forecasts based on input from sales projections and analysis of historical usage.
· Collaborate with sales, operations, and customer service teams.
· Issue and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery and quality performance, taking appropriate action when necessary to assure requirements are met.
· Identifies inventory for possible implementation of VMI or other inventory control programs; works with Material Manager on an implementation plan and works with the suppliers to assure a smooth transition.
· Identify and on-board new suppliers in conjunction with the quality team following established approval protocol.
· Monitor inventory and work to reduce excess, no demand, and obsolete items. Improve the MRP capability within the business to align with production planning and customer requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Or other Engineering or Business certifications.
· Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
· Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
· Experience in managing continuous improvement projects, working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques including: Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Visual Management and JIT Lean manufacturing or other systems.
Comprehensive benefits, bonus, and relocation assistance provided.
Courtney Group LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Courtney Group LLC