CourseKey is a Learning Intelligence Platform used by schools across the country to
collect, measure, and understand real-time learning at scale. Through deep
understanding of the education landscape, partnership with education stakeholders, and
a suite of mobile-first software solutions, CourseKey facilitates opportunities for schools
to lift student outcomes, no matter what types of programs they offer.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented UX Designer to join our team in-house.
Our ideal candidate will have empathy for the user; which includes education program
administrators, instructors, and students; a deep understanding of user-centered
design; and strong analytical abilities.
This is a full-time position and you will work in tandem with our front-end, mobile,
backend, product, and client success teams, reporting to our Chief Client Officer.
The UX Designer will be responsible for elevating the functionality and appearance of
our web and mobile B2B software offerings. This role requires high levels of creativity,
design thinking, project management skills, and design documentation. We are working
on a very exciting extension of our current service and our incoming UX designer will
have a very big hand in directing the future of our clients’ experience.
What You Will Do:
- Lead all design efforts related to and impacting our mobile and web applications,
translating high-level requirements into wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and
interaction flows to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces that
delight our customers and drive the company vision
- Work closely with the Product and Technology teams to define and ship user
experience improvements to existing and future features
- Build and maintain a constant feedback loop with Product and Customer
Success teams to understand audience needs and pain points to validate design
decisions in alignment with industry best practices
- Conduct user research through customer interviews, surveys, and usability
testing to gather and clarify requirements, inform user flows and wireframes, and
validate prototype iterations – we have fantastic relationships with our clients and
they eagerly participate in all phases of our development
- Design prototypes for all projects, with an understanding of when to create low
fidelity and high fidelity prototypes
- Accurately project level of effort estimates that account for all steps in an end-to-
end user experience design process
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
Who You Are:
- An experienced UX designer who has worked for an enterprise SaaS company
- An excellent communicator, able to clearly and succinctly pitch workflows and
designs and justify decisions to your teammates, leadership, and other internal
- A professional, proficient with prototyping and visual design tools and familiar
with JIRA and the design thinking process
- An empathetic person who likes to get in the field and observe users
- A person who thrives in fast-paced environments and is capable of adapting to
- On top of deadlines and striving to be ahead of your dev partners’ sprints so that
you have the breathing room that you need to work through that next great idea
- We’re a young, fun team of passionate entrepreneurs trying to change the world -
specifically in education.
- We’re conveniently located in Mission Hills, near the trolley, train, and bus stops,
with easy parking.
- We have a stocked kitchen in-office, a brewery right next door, and regularly
spend time together as a team celebrating happy hour.
- We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and generous