Country Inn & Suites Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Limited service upper mid-scale hotel.Job Description
We are looking for an experienced team-member for our Maintenance Department.
This is a full-time(40 hours) position; days and hours are based upon business needs.
You will oversee sleeping rooms and public areas. Some knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and Swimming Pool is necessary; however, supplemental training will be provided. Ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues is a necessity. Must have maintenance experience in a comparable hotel environment.Your principle responsibility is to perform all tasks related to the maintenance and repair of the hotel and equipment.
This is a business which runs 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year. Nights, weekends and holidays will be required. Compensation is based upon experience.
Essential Functions include:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly inspections of all mechanical equipment to ensure proper operation and condition of all parts.
- Completes all assigned tasks on daily checklist.
- Responds to all guest needs as related to maintenance issues.
- Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance duties to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Communicates with management about any concerns related to tools and supplies, or other work projects.
- Maintains exterior of building as needed with snow removal, landscaping, etc.
- Performs tasks as communicated through work orders.
- Maintains hotel equipment such as vacuums, carpet shampooer etc.
- Performs routine inspections of company vehicles.
- Maintains a clean work area during and after project completion.
- Ability to plan and organize projects in a cost-effective manner.
- Basic knowledge of proper use and care of tools related to the job.
- Technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is desired.
- Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees and guests.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers, some of whom will require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy, to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Attention to detail
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively perform the duties.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pay based on qualifications.
Country Inn & Suites
Real EstateView all jobs at Country Inn & Suites