Job Description: General Manager – Private Club
The General Manager (GM) reports to the Club President and the Board of Directors. The GM will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the Club’s day to day operations and activities in accordance with the Club’s policies and procedures. Monitor inventories, budgets, events and quality of products and services. Ensure continuous maximum member and guest participation and satisfaction that is unique to the Club.
· Represent the Club to all constituencies, including the Anchorage community, and ensure goals and objectives are defined, evaluated and enhanced to meet and exceed the expectations of the membership as defined by the Board.
· Support the “vision” for the Club. Gain support to build a culture that is member focused; soliciting input of members for enhancements/changes and reviewing with Board.
· Provide leadership working with the staff and the board to create and execute effective marketing programs to attract new members and retains current members. The GM will be visible to the members, interacting comfortably and appropriately with all club members, prospective new members, staff and outside vendors. GM will ensure new members are oriented to the club and all amenities in accordance with their membership.
· Controls restaurant purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
· Maintains restaurants operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
· Maintains member satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; to meet and exceed member satisfaction.
· Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Maintains restaurants and bars to a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Ensure expense control systems are in place along with on-going coordination of each departments operating/capital budgets and integrating them into an overall budget to be approved by the Board. GM will work with each department to control expenses within budget.
· Maintain ongoing general policies procedures established by the Board and champion implementation of any new policies and procedures.
· Develop an Event Marketing Campaign highlighting the Club’s ability to fulfill external social events for individuals and/or business events such as wedding receptions, business parties, personal parties, etc.
· Actively participate in Club events, as a means to gather feedback and ensure the level of attention and service to exceed member expectation.
· 3-5 years’ experience as a General Manager at a well-regarded private club or similar industry. However, club will consider exceptional Senior Assistant General Managers.
· Demonstrated private club acumen, effective leadership ability and strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Diverse recreational amenity management (tennis, golf, swimming, fitness, family activities) along with strong food and beverage experience.
· A college degree in hospitality management is preferred.